Credits are Valorant's in-game currency.
Credits are used to purchase weapons, shields, and abilities during the purchase phase before each round. They can also be used to buy weapons for teammates. If a teammate is low on credits, teammates can right-click on a weapon to send a request to the team to buy a weapon for them.
Credits are awarded at the beginning of each round, the amount depends on the results in the previous round and the credits saved in the previous rounds of the current half.
- 800 credits in the first round of each half.
- 3000 credits for winning a round.
- 1,900 credits for losing a round.
- Extra 500 credits for 2x losing streak or 1000 points for 2x losing streak.
- 200 credits for each kill.
- 300 credits to the team placing the spike.
- Compensation for missing players.
- 5,000 credits for overtime.
Credits reset after 12 rounds when switching from attack to defense and vice versa. One player cannot collect more than 9000 credits.